UWS (Australia) | Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarships
Scholarship Applications are now open
- The following scholarships are currently open for applications for Semester 1 2016:
Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship (VCLS) aims to reward the success and accomplishments of high-achieving secondary school students who demonstrate excellence not only in their academic studies, but also in other aspects of their lives. Additionally, these scholarship holders are offered access to The Academy (opens in new window) which helps to optimise their academic and leadership potential.
- Current high school leavers only. Students who are considering a gap year should apply in the year that they undertake their Higher School Certificate (HSC), and if successful, defer their course and scholarship for up to one year.
- Any undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- $10,000 per year (or part-time equivalent)
- Up to five years full-time (or part-time equivalent) for an undergraduate degree including Honours, or for a five-year combined degree.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- reside in or have undertaken their Higher School Certificate in Western Sydney
- have applied for a Western Sydney University course as their first preference with theUniversity Admissions Centre (UAC) by close of Change of Preferences 6 January 2016
- demonstrate a high level of academic achievement through a minimum ATAR of 90 or equivalent
- provide evidence of leadership and community involvement (e.g. School Captain, community service, sport, the arts, public speaking, Maths/Science Olympiads, Duke of Edinburgh award, etc).
Application and Selection ProcessThe application form includes a personal statement section – you must ensure that you complete this section which requires you to demonstrate your leadership qualities and community involvement. Selection of this scholarship will be determined on the basis of ATAR results, personal statements and interview performance. If you are shortlisted you will be required to attend an interview in late January and must ensure your availability to do so.
Applications are now open. Please apply using the Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship application form.
- FAQ: +88 01730340500 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.antiochme.com